THE DOODLE !!


We all have doodled sometime or other at the back of our notebooks, on sheets of paper, sitting somewhere trying to escape the perceived confines of time. We are trying to lose ourselves in the wide grasslands of our imagination where any landscape might spring up anywhere, anytime. Better still maybe we are trying to enter uncharted territories and be without fear. To me a doodle is a restricted expression of day dreams. But what does it tell us about the creator of the doodle, and why do most of us try to cover it up, no sooner have we created it.

Snuck up, hidden amongst the last pages I lie
For space, with secret loves and to do lists I vie
Subconscious ruminations of a tired, bored mind
Meditative peace and silence is what they hope to find
I could be squiggly, sharp, or without a defined shape
My naked existence with words and line you often drape
Why would you create me in the first place?
If later you would try and blend my birth trace
Surprised or even shocked at how you think
And then blame me for it, in an eye’s blink
But no thoughts and no people are the same
For others I am a matter of pride and not shame
Taking time and effort to decorate my creation
And then staring at me with unabashed admiration
Often carrying the silent wishes of a wanting heart
I become symbolic of the territories they need to chart
I smile at my creator and the effort my creation took
For I know I will live and die in the last pages of a book.




Comments

  1. Wow...surreal expressions..loved it..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Harleen.. U always make me feel great about my writing..which feels awesome :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Temporary Gift..

THIRTY !!

THE YELLOW BUTTERFLY...